Welcome to the first REAL episode!
Art Question: “What’s in pigment?”
My good friend Lauren and I talk about how I metaphorically painted myself into a corner, the secret behind the colors found in all of our minerals, road trips, making your own paint, and a bit of history behind the color Ultramarine. We also take some time to discuss the color index and briefly crack the surface regarding the info found on paint tubes. (The first episode is a little rough in parts because we’re still new at this!)
*the following links for books are affiliate links. You help support me and this podcast by purchasing them through this site.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Organic Artist by Nick Neddo
- The Craftsman’s Handbook: “Il Libro dell’ Arte” by Cennino Cennini
- Chromatopia: An Illustrated History of Color by David Coles
Websites/Social Accounts mentioned in this episode:
- artiscreation.com (pigment database)
- theartofsoil (on Instagram)
- handprint.com (watercolors)